Published date : [2014-10-01]
The Outaouais vs the Ottawa area
Advantages of Living in the Outaouais
The situation that currently prevails in the real estate sector at the national level mirrors what we are seeing in the Outaouais region.
Several factors increase the appeal of the Outaouais:
- Municipal tax rates are relatively low;
- New housing developments are located near urban centres;
- Building lots in the Outaouais are usually larger with more extensive wooded areas;
- Couples with young children can obtain quality childcare services at a cost of $7/day;
- A wide range of businesses can be found nearby;
- Sports facilities are widely accessible;
- Quality school and health care systems are available in both French and English;
- The economy is thriving.
A number of factors relating to quality of life may also be considered:
- Proximity to Gatineau Park, rivers and lakes
- Numerous golf courses
- Exceptional bike paths
- Breathtaking scenery
One final thing to consider: Gatineau is rated as the second best city in Canada in terms of quality of life. (Source: Economic Profile of the City of Gatineau, February 2004).
Article from: Chambre immobilière de l'Outaouais